Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just Chillin

We were supposed to start working at Amazon yesterday (Monday) but they seem to have run into problems getting the background checks completed, so we are just sittin and chillin.  Amazon is picking up the tab for our site since we were scheduled to start on Monday.

We played golf today.  It was fun even though my round sort of sucked.  But it's okay since I haven't played since Valentines Day.  Good news is that I only lost one ball.  I think my biggest problem is that I'm not good at playing "smart golf."  Like when there's a big tree between me and the green.  "Smart golf" would be to punch it out to the fairway and then go for the green.  Not me.  I have to try to go over the tree...  Unfortunately it rarely works out.  But then where's the fun in not trying?!?

Tomorrow we're going to go take the NuWa factory tour in Chanute, KS.  We figure since we have the time and it's only about 45 minutes away it would be a good idea.  It will be our first factory tour, so it should be interesting.  They also have a dealership and sell several lines of "full time" 5th wheels including a couple we haven't had a chance to look at.

We are also looking forward to meeting new full time rvers, Jerry and Kim who will be arriving in Coffeyville tomorrow.  

4 comments:

  1. At least they're picking up the campground tab. Glad you're having some fun. Did you get the jobs and shifts you were promised?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golf is just not my game. Tried once and I was BADDDDD.

    You just might find a rig you really can't live without. Be careful! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that Nu Wa is curtailing taking custom orders (http://www.nuwa.com/news/questions/99/)

    My golf game is so bad I can find water on courses that have no water hazards.

    Play hard, work smart, and enjoy Amazon.

    ReplyDelete